Monday, April 21, 2008

Puerto-freaking-out



So....
My best friend is getting married. This sounds like an altogether pleasant ordeal, a very good thing. I'm here to tell you...it's HELL. I'm not the Maid-of-Honor, but, by God, I'm just as busy. Thus far she has changed the date three times. This isn't anything to complain about since the first time she was real sick, the second time because it was just a silly date, and the third time because no one could attend. Now it's set for May 23, 2009. Sounds like there’s enough time right? WRONG. Holy margaritas on a stick...it's insane....and the scariest part is...I know it's just the beginning. First it was at the botanical gardens...fairly decent place. Now it's at the beach. First we were wearing (as bridesmaids) coral, green, and brown. (ugh) ...then we were just wearing brown. Then just green. Now we're wearing blue. Blue...water...beach...get it?
Poor Eric, the only man on the bride's side, is just like "I feel awkward." ....there is nothing I can do about it. Besides, most of his life he feels awkward. It's like his unprofessional profession. If he got paid for living in the awkward, he'd be a rich man....and he'd owe me some of it for making most of the awkwardness. He's said “Do I wear what the groomsmen are wearing?" and the thought had never occurred to me. I asked Meli, the bride to be, and to his great pleasure she said yes...however...to his great displeasure....she said that there would be no tuxes. I'm greatly disappointed in this matter too. I love a good tuxedo.
The way guys look in them....^_^....but I digress....
Well she wants bubbles instead of rice thrown. I’m all right with that since it’ll be on the beach and seagulls will just flip out over free food. There’s only going to be like 80-100 people (mostly her big Puerto Rican family). ………….this is a part I’m dreading. Her big….Puerto Rican…..family. Lord knows I love hearing about them, but to actually deal with them after a few drinks….well I guess I’ll just stick ‘em in taxis and then high-ho-silver. Apparently Joe’s (the groom) family disapproves of the wedding. I don’t see why. Meli’s a great girl. Also we’ve apparently got a monster-in-law on Joe’s side too. So I’m going to suggest skipping the “and if anyone has any reason why these two should not be wed in lawful matrimony ect ect”.
At least we’ll be barefoot. That’s right…barefoot. No freaking heels. That part I’m pretty stoked about. Since it’s going to be on the beach, Meli said “I’m just going to do it barefoot” and I’m like “The bridesmaids are joining in.” I loathe heels. All right I don’t loathe them, they do make my feet look rather attractive…but I don’t like the idea of standing in them for hours on end and walking around in them on the boardwalk. She’s just changing her mind so much it’s crazy. The maid-of-honor hasn’t gotten in touch with us bridesmaids, which is just maddeningly unhelpful. She’s a bit more…way more…concerned with the bachelorette party…which is already planned. Has been planned since…last year. I don’t know where she stands in all this since she hasn’t gotten in touch with anyone except the bride. Again, maddeningly unhelpful. Lord have mercy on me. Ugh. It’s CRAZY I tell you…all of it just crazy. If I didn’t love Meli, I would just throw my hands up, say “THAT’S IT…damn it all to hell…I need a drink.” and walk off. If I ever get married, please someone remind me to make it simple. Ha, me married. Funny thought. I’ve already decided that I want to get married in my pajamas. Not like “in preparation for later” kind of pajamas….nice, white silk lace trimmed pajamas, that my grandma said she’d make. It might even look like a suit instead of pajamas. Barefoot too, and I don’t care what people wear as long as it’s not like “look at me I’m a slut” XD A small reception, only really close friends and really close family. Where it’s at I don’t really care. If I ever get married. I don’t know who I’d have as a maid-of-honor. I’d probably have Meli as my maid-of-honor, then Veronica, then Liz, and Eric. Poor Eric ROFL He’s just doomed. He can wear a tux if it so pleases him. If I could have Chris on my side too, I would but I think that’d be too many people. XD But it’s my wedding, what the hell. XD Ronica, Eric, Chris, Meli and Liz are my closest friends, my family…I’d have them all up there if I could. Luckily my mother wouldn’t cry….that’s always a bonus. She’s never been much of a crier…neither have I. XD I’m dreading what sort of out bursts will happen at Meli’s wedding. What sort of strange things I’ll have to deal with, what sort of tears and drunkenness and headaches, preparing for the worst. It’s insane, it really is. Hopefully she won’t freak out before the ceremony. I don’t want a little Puerto-freakin’-out on my hands….Oye, I can only hope for the best and pray the worst will be like “omg I forgot to turn off my cell phone”

No comments: