Wednesday, April 9, 2008

...down right Irish

Today I played. No other way to put it. Yes I know I'm an adult...but I just love to play ^-^ I went on a walk with my mother on the dirt road and we decided to check out the creek that runs under the bridge. (we live in the middle of no where so it's ok to do this XD ) Dubby (my puppy, well miniature horse really XD he's so big) decided to trail along. We got down to the creek and my mother's scars started to act up (bad surgery) and she had to go back to the house. I decided to stay with Dubby and look around. Well.... I had to get in the water. There was no way to get around it. I wasn't really upset by it actually. It was so hot out, and the water look so inviting. I shouted at my mom to ask her if the water was all right. She said it was fed from a spring and it was fresh flowing, so it was safe. I stepped and let the water soak through my shoes to my feet.... it was cold and it felt great. So I stepped in a little further, up to my ankles. It only got better and better. I just stood there for a minute or two, letting the cold run up my legs. I took my walking stick, and decided to go walking through the water...all the way to the spring if I could. I walked a little and stopped dead. There was a beautiful cherry blossom just sitting on the edge of the creek, leaning over, and on the other side was another tree that curved inward. I looked on the down the creek and it was beckoning me to keep going.

I had to. I had to go on, to see what else there was. With Dubby by my side, I felt a little safer then I would if I were completely alone. So I went on. Dubby was a wonderful trail finder, he’d stay where the water was shallow, and wait for me to catch up, then sniff out the trail further and wait until I was safely across. We pressed on and on and found so many beautiful places. Places that looked like…well if faeries were real, they’d live there, it was all that pretty. The sun came through the leaves and made a beautiful filtered pattern on the gently rushing water. I found a small place to stop and rest. I watched Dubby play in the water and chase after flowing leaves and I laughed. I actually laughed out loud…it was so pleasant and happy. I got up and followed the puppy and chased him back and forth through the water. I’d splash him and he’d jump up on me then I’d throw a stick or two. We had a great time. It was the best I had felt in a looong time, too long. Later on Dubby turned around and headed back, so I had to follow him, he was my guard against whatever I might find and if he decided it was time to go, it was time to go. I sang the whole way, Dubby chiming in occasionally. It was as if I had lost something for a while, and suddenly got it back. I felt…well I felt down right Irish. I kicked and splashed and ran. It sounds completely as though it’s from some sort of feel good movie, but it was real. Very real. I felt so much alive, the air was crisp, the water was cool and fresh. It shined like gold in the light, with the red dirt turning underneath it. It was wonderful and I just wanted to share that.



Later that day my mother and I trailed on and she took a picture of me.

No comments: